It’s a Savage World out there, and if we’re going to survive it, we’d best keep an eye out. Apathy Games does just that. Every Monday we bring you the latest news and ideas about the Savage Worlds game. Here’s what’s happening now:
Pinnacle Entertainment Group
- Pinnacle Entertainment Group has released a new Deadlands: Reloaded adventure, Don’t Drink the Water, which takes players to Mexico in the Wierd West. Also, the Deadlands: Reloaded GM’s Screen is ready for preorder, and it comes with the adventure Murder on the Hellstromme Express.
Savage Worlds Licensees
- Triple Ace Games returns to their Daring Tales of Chivalry series of adventures with The Fairstone & The Madness of Sir Stephen, a double adventure.
- 12 to Midnight has released a sneak peak of East Texas University: Degrees of Horror, a combination of academics and suspense.
- Adamant Entertainment is revising their pulp series of adventures called Thrilling Tales. Their first release is The Radio Marauders. If you find you like Thrilling Tales and want a deal, they have provided an avenue to subscribe to the series.
- Daring Entertainment has announced a second edition to Dawn of Legends, a traditional superhero’s game.
Savage Worlds Community
- The last issue[.pdf] of Shark Bytes, the Unofficial Savage Worlds Fanzine, found our attention this week. The issue is about Modern and Horror games, and is an excellent read.
- The Savage Sixth blog keeps rolling strong this week with articles on the Weird Science edge and World Building.
- Last weeks release of Daring Tales of the Sprawl[.pdf] has energized the savage worlds community and given us an appetite for cybernetics and grit. Obviously, there is some debate on the new rules, but there are also a number of an conversions and enhancements being discussed. HawaiianBrian discusses cyberpsychosis, or the damage cyberware does to one’s spirit and mental condition. erc1452 is showing off his Savaged Cyberpunk Conversion to some praise, and the TAG forums have a discussion on creating full cyborgs. Of course, you can’t mention cyberpunk without discussing the giant of the industry, Shadowrun. Conversion topics include adding drain to magic and have even infected the Shadowrun Dump Shock Forums.